Friday, March 3, 2017

Mardi Gras in the Burgh!

My Dublin sunrise!

Goooooooood morning everyone!







Where to start this week... well, Tuesday we had exchanges! I was with Sister Sun and Sister Tiffany. They are both pretty new, but man, they are amazing! They both speak Chinese, so it was cool to be able to learn from them how to teach people with different backgrounds. I love them both!    

Thursday, we flew over to Ireland. WOO BACK TO DUBLIN! Storm Doris tried to stop us, but I was not having it!   The flight was delayed a couple hours but we finally made it. We worked the day in Dublin on exchanges. I got Star Pizza (a Dublin must), talked to loads of Brazilians, and got to hang out with my best friend, Sister Hall, all day. Literally, amazing day!
The Emerald Isle










Friday, we took a bus down to Limerick. It is such a beautiful drive! I got to spend the day with Sister Schulze. She is from Germany and has only been out a couple weeks. We met a ton of cool people and had pancakes for dinner with a member. I ate so many!




Saturday, we bussed back to Dublin to catch our flight back to Edinburgh. I was exhausted, it was a long week of traveling. I'm also a little sick, but nothing too bad. It was hard to leave Dublin again, but I'll be back soon :)
Mardi Gras Dinner with Avril




Sunday, we had a good day at church and then went to our friend Avril's house for dinner. She is from  Cajun country, Texas. It was Mardi Gras, so she made corn bread, a king cake, and my favorite....GUMBO!!!! Oh my days, it was a miracle. I ate so much, it was so delicious! I felt like I was back visiting the South.
Yes, a picture of my food.  It was THAT good!


Today we're going to the beach because it is a BEAUTIFUL day!  Ya- it may only be 2 degrees Celsius- but hey- the SUN is out!


I also can't believe it's almost March. Like what...... I don't like how fast time is flying. I want to stay here forever! haha

Love you all!
-Sister Stapley




















No comments:

Post a Comment