Monday, August 1, 2016

80 degrees and sunny!

 

Yes, you read right. Here in sunny Dublin, it is 80 degrees and there's enough sun for me to get a tan! Dublin is the coolest city, there's so much going on all the time!

We had a great week on exchanges! We had three this week, and we'll have another three this next week. It's hard work, not gonna lie. We hit the ground running every morning at 10 and go all day, only stopping for dinner. I'm learning so much about diligence, perseverance, and a ton of patience, mainly for myself. I wish I could do more here, honestly!

Today I'm getting my haircut. I know, it's scary. I'm getting about 6 inches off, so it'll still be long, but more manageable.  I know this is the most important news of the week, so make sure you sit down and give yourself a couple minutes to take it in.
I got to go on exchange with Sister Sams and my granddaughter, Sister Ligertwood! She's from Australia!! It was so fun to see my posterity, they are both such hard workers!! 
We ate at this bomb restaurant for breakfast one morning, I got the best pancakes ever. The syrup here is golden amazingness. Seriously, it was life changing. I can't even describe it. It's kind of the consistency of honey, and it's rich as Bill Gates standing in a gold mine. I'm going to send a bottle home if I can. 

This week I've been studying Ether 12. I love verse 27, it talks about how our weaknesses make us strong. Grace will help make up our weaknesses, but won't get rid of them entirely. We need those weaknesses to help teach us. Through overcoming weakness, we become strong. We have strength in spite of weakness. I love that so much, because I have plenty of weaknesses, but when I don't dwell on them and instead work hard to push through them, I am able to grow. 

Love you all so much! 
Sister Stapley

No comments:

Post a Comment